Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Barack Obama Collects Comics!

Holy crap Barack Obama collects comics. I could not believe it when I read it. A nerd is in the White House! Here is the story for those who may want to check it out.

So Barack Obama truly is a president for everyone. He collects Spider-man and Conan the Barbarian comics. Spider-man was one of my favorites when I was younger. I still like some of the older weirder Steve Ditko issues. The character has an endearing human quality when written well. He also beats up some very well designed supervillans and that is always fun. He is a classic in the superhero genre.

For me hearing that the president elect was a Spider-man collector was pretty cool. Hearing that he read Conan though made me freak for a second. I literally thought, "Holy shit he likes two of my favorite comics! Wow I should have aimed for the presidency." and got a bit depressed before realizing that I would have been terrible at politics. I tell the truth and think people should obey the law. I would never have made it through any political doors at all. I would have been like political Krytonite.

Aside from my brief thoughts on the political aspect of the situation I was pumped about Obama reading Conan. It shows he knows his stuff. Conan the Barbarian had some great art and a some great stories during its heyday. From Barry Smith to John Buscema drawing and having the stories written by Roy Thomas there are many great issues in the early run of Conan. I have even posted about how it was the comic that made me want to collect comics here. How can you argue with two great selections like this? Spider-man and Conan the Barbarian, radical.

I guess the one thing you could say is he should not be reading kid stuff anymore. I mean who wants the leader of the free world to read something light hearted during his down time? Think about it do you want the president to read about guys running around in tights hitting each other? Who would want to see guys in tights hit each other? Not any football fans that I know that is for sure.



So I say go get 'em Barack! The best of luck with cleaning up the mess that good 'ol G.W. left for us all. Maybe you could be like a super president and actually get some really great things accomplished during your time in office. I hope so sir.

Excelsior!

MORTEKAI

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home