Wednesday, November 29, 2006

the twenty-fifth, Everyhting old is new again...

Okay so for today, as you may have been able to tell from the title of this post, we are gonna check out an old design. This is the original design from the first Mortekai shirt. Ever. There was a big party coming up and I wanted to represent, WHAT WHAT, so I made this. I used one red and one blue paint marker to put the image directly onto a used under shirt. I took the image from my sketchbook and tried to follow the basic lines as best as I could. Here is a scan of the shirts image.



The paint marker has held up really well for being washed like a thousand times in the last four years. That being said the image is not as sharp as it once was. I wish I had a few scans of the shirt right after I finished it. I really like how the flower and the text came out. With the shirt becoming less and less clear this design is not gonna be around to much longer. So I decided that scanning the shirts image into motherbox and fixing it up is a good idea.

After scanning in the shirt I messed around with a few things. I choose a red and a blue that seemed true to the original colors of the design. I then went and made the lines a tad more angular which makes the image resemble the original sketch more closely. I then fudged around with the text a bit, still not sure what I am going to do here but I like the way things are looking so far. Anyway here is what I came up with at this point.



I also have made a few other looks with this design as a starting point. These are not finished yet. Just think of them as sketches and possibilities. Whatever!




The text is not right on the second image. Work will continue on these for a minute. Hopefully soon this design will be fit to print. I think I will also try and get this on a bag and sweatshirts. Let me know what you think.

Enertia,
MORTEKAI

1 Comments:

Blogger Conrad said...

Third one looks pretty awesome.

5:40 PM, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home