Thursday, October 05, 2006

S-P-X! it's go time...

Hello anyone and everyone. I am very excited to share some good news with you all. Yes that be right I got the good news this time. The tests have come back positive and Mortekai is SUPER! will be going to SPX, the Small Press Expo, this year! Both Mortekai Clothing and SUPER! mini-comics will be represented at the show and will have items available for purchase. I like to think of every purchase as putting me one step closer to my life goal which I title, "Escape this hellish life" or "This money can be used to buy me some pizza!" either way it is a win-win for the buyer and the buyee.

So I guess I should tell you a little bit about what SPX is right? Well I would like to be able to do that but I have never been there before. Yeah shocking I know. I always had something get in the way of previous attempts to get to Maryland. Work, School, Salem Massachusetts, you know big things of great import! I did make it to Maryland one time but that was to Ocean City which was fun in the sun time and not sell mini-comics, buttons, and t-shirts while trying to mingle time. Ocean City...Whew good times.

Back to the topic at hand. Ok, so since I have never been to SPX I will let the description I copied from their website do the talking for them. If it sounds a little pompous, there is your reason. Sorry fools and non-fools alike. Well here it go try to enjoy.

SPX serves as the preeminent showcase for the exhibition of independent comic books and the discovery of new creative talent.

SPX will bring together over 300 artists and publishers to meet their readers, booksellers, distributors, and each other. SPX will be open to the public from 2pm Friday, October 13th and run through 8pm that evening. The celebration continues Saturday from 10am to 7pm, culminating in the 10th annual Ignatz Awards Reception. In addition, expect great programming all weekend long for you to enjoy!

SPX 2006 marks the tenth annual presentation of The Ignatz Awards for outstanding achievement in comics and cartooning. The Ignatz, named after George Herriman's brick-wielding mouse, recognizes outstanding work that challenges popular notions of what comics can achieve, both as an artform and as a means of personal expression. The Ignatz is a festival prize, the first such of the United States comic book industry. Winners will be determined by ballot during SPX and presented at the gala Ignatz Awards ceremony.

As with every year all profits from SPX will go to support the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, protecting the First Amendment rights of comic book readers and professionals.

Here is the link to the SPX website, click right about here.

Ok there you go you bees informed. Basically what all of that be telling you is SPX is awesome. You get to meet a lot of cool people sell your stuff and maybe pick up some cool comics and such. I am getting totally pumped to have a great time. I also hope that a few people will like the Mortekai is SUPER! stuff.

So as I said before I will have Mortekai Clothing and SUPER! mini-comics stuff at the S to the PX. I will have the first issue of SUPER! as well as the Mortekai Button Set. There will also be a few new items debuting at the show which I am really excited about. But I do not want to go into them too much now. I am going to milk this new stuff for as long as I can. This will enable me to use the new stuff as posts for the next week. Sorry bro, I am going to be busy getting all of the stuff for the trip together.

I won't leave you hanging completely though. One of the new items at SPX will be buttons that are going to be sold individually. They are all 1" pinback buttons and have great color and printing thanks to the amazing Corpseflower (thanks Nate & Emily). Here are what two of my favorites look like.





So if you are planning on going to SPX come and see me at my table. If you are not going you suck. All of the stuff available at SPX will be available here after the show :^)

SPX,
MORTEKAI

p.s. here is the real link to the SPX website. Click right here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home