Wednesday, August 30, 2006

SUPER! Yoshitaka Amano...



So a while back I got a book of Yoshitaka Amano's prints and drawings. I had seen a lot of his work in the past but was finally able to get one of his books. In case you have been living under a rock you may not have heard that manga and anime have been steadily becoming more and more popular in the good old USA.

Back in the day if you wanted to get any new books or movies you had to either go the bootleg route or spend a chunk of change on something you could not even understand. But people did it, myself included. There was just something to look for in some of that work which was not available in America at the time. But now you can pick up manga and anime at major chain stores throughout the country.

I do not know how I feel about that. I mean I was able to finally get one of Amano's books, in English, on the cheap. On the other hand now you just have a glut of Manga and Anime all over the damn place. Many cartoons that are on the air now are heavily influenced by this. I think I may have liked it better when we were not over saturated with a good thing.

I guess that fits with the rest of the US mentality though, GO BIG OR GO HOME. That and I CAN EAT THE MOST CHEESBURGERS.

Ok rant over. What we have here is a quick image I did of Batman after being super psyched up by the Amano book I had gotten. Amano has the ability to work in several different styles but in the book there are several images in stark bright colors like this. It blew my mind seeing this from him. Hence this Batman. Here is a little more info on Amano.

Yoshitaka Amano is awesome. He is so awesome in fact that his urine is made of gold and he sweats out the cure for cancer. Seriously. His hands carve out graves. Amano is simply insane when it comes to drawing. Oh, and painting, and sculpture and a slew of other stuff. He probably is really good at sex also. And he has a moustache.

He also happened to do character designs for like a million series. Some you may have heard of. From Vampire hunter D, to Gatchmen (G-Force), to my favorite Final Fantasy, Amano has been all over the place. He's got mad design skills son! Check these out and make sure to click the image for the full effect.







Sick right? This guy is Airwolf to the max. Anyway here is Amano's version of Batman. I think this was from like around 2002. Not to sure on the specific date.



Go to his site Amano's World to check out some more images and get some more info. Looking into his work will be worth it, trust me.

BYE,
MORTEKAI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home